The ATCA Tech Symposium is a one-of-a-kind event exploring all aspects
of modern air traffic management technology!
Co-chaired by the FAA and NASA, this event includes over 15 hours of virtual programming.
We listened to your survey responses from our 2020 event
and made enhancements to this year's event,
including a new, engaging, and collaborative Exhibit Hall!
• 5 hours Dedicated to Live Exhibits
• 17.5 Hours of Programming and Presentations
• Over 7 Hours Dedicated to Professional Peer Networking
Register by 11:59 PM ET on March 31 for the Super Saver rate!
New This Year at the ATCA Tech Symposium
ATCA has worked hard for you this year to provide an improved virtual Tech Symposium for Sponsors and Attendees.
Below is a highlight of some of the enhancements we have made:
1. All US Government and Military employees can register for free to attend the Tech Symposium as an Attendee with Full Access to the event.
This change was made to minimize impediments for government and military personnel to attend and participate in the virtual ATCA Tech symposium. ATCA encourages Sponsor-Exhibitors to reach out to their government and military contacts to invite them to attend and let them know of this complimentary option and to meet/visit with you at the event. This benefit applies to government employees, contract workers must register as a normal Symposium Attendee for full access to the event.
2. Exhibitor Presentation Showcase
• In response to requests from Sponsors for more options to present at our virtual events, ATCA has created the Showcase to give Sponsor-Exhibitors the opportunity to present at the event and to be listed on the main agenda.
• Please check out the Sponsorship Opportunities Brochure for more details... availabilities are limited
3. Exhibit Hall Live
• ATCA has created virtual Exhibit Halls using the Remo platform to provide a home base for you to connect with your clients, prospects, and symposium attendees within the event.
• The Exhibit halls and the Networking Pavilion are connected for ease of movement between one and another.
• The virtual Exhibit booths will allow for presentations and engagement with attendee, see what other some even have built in semi-private meeting rooms for two.
4. Enhanced Networking Opportunities for Engagement
• Using the virtual Remo platform, ATCA has made the Networking Pavilion and the Exhibit Hall Live, more central to the event.
• As in last year’s Symposium, there will be 1 hour time allotments of focused networking each day. In addition – new this year – both the Exhibit Halls and the Networking Pavilion will be available for networking, meetings, and engagement from 9-5 each day. We have also placed the ATCA Symposium Help Desk inside the Networking Pavilion for your convenience.
• Based on the popularity of last year’s roundtables at the ATCA Annual, we have added three Roundtable discussions, focusing on ATCA’s Blue Skies Initiative, to the formal agenda of this year’s Tech Symposium.
6. Extended Orientation and Training Webinars for Sponsor-Exhibitors and Attendees
• We heard you. Virtual events are still new and challenging to both navigate and understand. To help, ATCA has expanded its series of Orientation/Training Webinars for Exhibitor-Sponsors this year.
• Visit our Exhibitor-Sponsor Resources Page for Webinar, times, and content.
• All Webinars will be recorded and made available within 48 hours on our Exhibitor-Sponsor Resources Page.
• We do understand that it takes two to Network. As we get closer to the event, ATCA will be conducting Webinars for all participants to help them become more comfortable with the layout of the virtual event and the tools available to them to help them network with each other and our Sponsors.
Please be sure to take a look at our growing agenda for the 2021 Tech Symposium.
You'll find a listing and a brief abstract of all the engaging sessions and networking opportunities you'll be able to access as a Tech Symposium participant.
Whether you participated in our 2020 event or not, we are offering everyone, for a limited time, complimentary viewing access to the 2020 video-recorded sessions
Virtual Fireside Chat
Daniel K. Elwell, FAA Deputy Administrator • Peter F. Dumont, ATCA President and CEO
ABSTRACT: In our next installment of ATCA's Virtual Fireside Chat, we take you inside the office of the FAA's chief NextGen officer and 2019 Glen Gilbert Memorial Award winner, Daniel K. Elwell. From COVID-19 to the Northeast Corridor, bring your questions (and your lunch!) to this can't miss session with ATCA President and CEO Pete Dumont.
Laying the Groundwork to Enable Future Technology
Tech Talk: Jim Eck, L3Harris Technologies
Panel Moderator: Carl Burleson
Panelists: Rowayne Schatz, DoD • Akbar Sultan, NASA • Steve Bradford, FAA • Andy Cebula, Airlines for America • Amanda Richardson, NATCA
Advanced and Urban Air Mobility (AAM/UAM) Tech Talk with Biruk Abraham
Self-Monitoring and Reporting Technology (SMART): Intelligent Airports and the Technology That Enables Them
Tech Talk: Lauren Moore, Atlantic County Economic Alliance
Panel Moderator: Mike Paglione, FAA
Panelists: Shahrzad Ahmadi, Shipcom Wireless • Vijay Narula, OST • Manuela Sauer, Aurora Flight Sciences Corporation • Jonathan Torres, FAA • Shawn Engelland, NASA • Chris Oswald, Airports Council International – NA
Working TDM in an IP World
Tech Talk: Indrajit Ghosh, ConnX (formerly Atlas Communications Technologies)
Panel Moderator: Charles Burand, FAA
Panelists: Joe Knecht, FAA • Mark Graham, Capital Group • Lionel Merrien, Thales • Kymber Weese, MITRE • Steve Pitchon, ConnX
The X-57 Maxwell and Electric Propulsion Tech Talk with Vince Schultz, NASA Langley
Evolving NAS Services for Emerging Aircraft Operations
Panel Moderator: Diana Liang, FAA
Panelists: Gene Dolgin, ClimaCell • Dr. Chip Meserole, Boeing • Parimal Kopardekar, NASA • Earl Lawrence, FAA
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Safety Talk with Member Jennifer Homendy, National Transportation Safety Board
Safety in an Ever-Evolving Aerospace System
Panel Moderator: Ali Bahrami, FAA
Panelists: Hassan Shahidi, Flight Safety Foundation • John Koelling, NASA Rep • Mark Roboff, EUROCAE Joint Committee on AI in Aviation • Steve Hansen, NATCA • John Illson, Uber Elevate • Bobbi Wells, FedEx
ATCA Technical Symposium Recap and Look Forward Roundtable
Peter F. Dumont, ATCA • Shelley Yak, William J. Hughes Technical Center • Barry Sullivan, NASA • Abigail Glenn-Chase, ATCA
ATCA presents Aviation Cybersecurity Preview Workshop:
“Cyber Hygiene in a Time of Pandemic”
Panel Moderator: Robert V. Jones, PResafe Technologies
Panelists: John Grim, Verizon • Jay Ryerse, ConnectWise • Vince Crisler, DarkCubed • Stacy Mill, State of Kansas