In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, The Air Traffic Control Association (ATCA) commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact The Air Traffic Control Association (ATCA) at: GDPRrequest@atca.org
ABOUT THE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL ASSOCIATION
ATCA is a non-profit, non-government, professional organization. Membership is open to all who share a common interest in promoting and encouraging the advancement of aviation and air traffic control. The governing body is composed of representatives from all segments of the aviation community.
When ATCA asks you for information or you provide information via signing up for a membership or registering to attend an ATCA event, you will be asked to provide information that is required for the purposes set out below. This will include information such as:
1. Your name and address
2. Other contact details
3. Your preferences and other information regarding your needs and interests
4. Payment information i.e. credit/debit card details for purchased services
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your details to third parties unrelated to ATCA however we may use this information in other ways:
1. To register you with a particular event
2. To provide you with services and information about ATCA
3. To analyze in order to improve future membership services and events in line with your needs
To contact you about future association activities or events that we think may be of interest to you using the following methods:
• Social Media
And less frequently
• Mobile Messaging
In order to protect you from fraud, we may use, disclose or verify information that we obtain in order to make identity checks for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
By requesting information about ATCA or by registering to attend an ATCA event, you are agreeing to receive communications from us about our Association and events through the channels mentioned above. Occasionally we may need to contact you for the purpose of market research in order to discuss ways that we might improve our membership and events in line with your needs. This may be done through any of the methods listed above. In addition, we may use your information to manage prize draws, competitions, or any other promotion that we advertise. You can opt out of communications at any point by contacting Bridget Dongu, Dir. Of Communications – Air Traffic Control Association, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 400 Alexandria, VA, 22314, USA or email: email@example.com. Please note that email broadcasts about ATCA and its events will be broadcast by Constant Contact on behalf of ATCA.
HOW WE WILL STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your data will be stored securely both by our registration servicer, CompleteReg, our Association Management Service, Sales Force and by ATCA. We will retain your data only for as long as necessary, for legal or business purposes. Data will still be stored for a maximum of 7 years. Where there has been a financial transaction, IRS Rules stipulate to” keep records for 7 years”. Please see https://www.irs.gov for more information. If you have not been involved in a financial transaction, we may remove your records at any time as required. Alternatively, you may opt out of marketing communications at any point.
That said, in order to ensure that you continue to stay out of our marketing promotions, we may add you to suppression files that will be stored securely by ATCA.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may provide your details to the following, who may use them for the same purposes as set out above:
1. Our partners and third parties who are affiliated with our events
2. Agents and third parties who fulfill services on behalf of ATCA
3. ATCA may be required to disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Where permitted by law, ATCA has the option to issue reports relating to data privacy inquiries.
We may supply data to reputable companies outside the European Economic region however this will be done with European Data Protection Legislation in mind.
Note that at ATCA events, by scanning your badge on a BTAG (badge scanner) or by allowing your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor, you will be providing the exhibitor or sponsor with your personal contact data (as disclosed when registering). In doing so, you are consenting to this personal data being transferred and accept that this exhibitor or sponsor may contact you about their products or services.
COOKIES & IP ADDRESSES
If you want to find out more about how to disable cookies please see this external third party website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
We take security very seriously and take all practical steps to protect your personal information; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide online. By using our service, you
accept the security risks and cannot hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
ATCA is the data owner/controller. You have a number of rights in line with both the Data Protection Act and GDPR. These include:
• ATCA will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Information is (1) to be disclosed to a third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. For Sensitive Personal Information, ATCA will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt out) consent to the disclosure of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. ATCA shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information.
• Prior to disclosing Personal Information to a third party, ATCA shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. ATCA shall ensure that any third party for which Personal Information may be disclosed subscribes to the Principles or are subject to law providing the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles and agree in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection. ATCA is liable for onward transfers to third parties and will comply with the Notice and Choice Principles before transferring Personal Data to a Third Party who is not an agent of ATCA.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, RESTRICTION, AND OBJECTION
How can I get my name removed from an Air Traffic Control Association mailing list?
Each email we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please follow the unsubscribe instructions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, please contact us at GDPRrequest@atca.org using the data request form. We may request that you provide further information and/or identification to enable us to process your request. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to act on your request.
ATCA website is intended for adults. ATCA does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If ATCA obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, ATCA will delete that information.
COOKIES & COMPUTER-RELATED INFORMATION
ATCA does not enable “cookies” on our website with one exception. A cookie is used in website system administration to keep track of movement of an individual user from one screen to another. This information may be used by our staff to detect and resolve website problems and to assist with customer support. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about site visitors in this process.
Our web server automatically collects information from your computer and navigational patterns when you visit our site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, and the specific web pages visited during your connection. We may also, track data such as the total number of visits to our website and the number of visitors to each page of our website.
We may use this information, in aggregate form, for system maintenance and to better understand how our visitors use our site and services so that we can make them better. ATCA may also share statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with third parties for marketing or research purposes. This aggregate data will not contain any information that personally identifies you.
Kenneth Carlisle, CMP, CEM Director of Meetings and Expositions Air Traffic Control, Association 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 400 Alexandria, VA 22314 USA.